the Tree Strategy Advisory Board brings together Wirral initiative on Trees (including the local Tree Wardens) with other expert and interested groups to meet Council members and staff and review the working of the Strategy, which is a living and evolving way of improving, extending and making better use of Wirral's Treescape
The Strategy for Wirral's Trees, Hedgerows and Woodlands is the result of work by Wirral Tree Warden Network with other members of Wirral Initiative on Trees and Wirral Council with the support, advice and help from Forest Research and especially from the Tree Council. This is a link to a summary document which was produced for the Council cabinet. The strategy was formally adopted by Wirral Council on 27th July 2020, coming into effect on 5th August 2020:
(1) the recommendations of the scrutiny panel’s review of the Wirral Tree Strategy be noted and endorsed:
(2) the Wirral Tree Strategy be noted and endorsed;
(3) the creation of an advisory board made up of Council representatives and partners to monitor progress against the Strategy’s objectives and action plan be approved;
(4) the Director of Neighbourhood Services be authorised to develop the action plan to fully implement the Strategy; and
(5) it be noted that the Tree Strategy can be a material consideration in planning applications and therefore a matter that will be taken into account in delegated officer decision making and decisions of the Planning Committee."